Do I have any retired scrapbookers in the house? I used to be a die hard and can’t seem to stop buying scrapbook paper, even though I haven’t actually made a scrapbook page in years. Instead, I love using scrapbook paper in unexpected ways and today I’m showing you how you to make the cutest little origami storage dishes.
You will need:
– Scrapbook paper. I used paper from Jen’s new Home+Made stack by Pebbles Inc.
– Folding template (found HERE)
1. Cut two pieces of 12×12 scrapbook paper down to the standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper size. One piece will be the outside of the bowl and one piece will be the inside.
3. Cut around the outside edge of the hexagon and along the dotted lines, shown in red in the photo below:
4. Begin folding along each printed line. The interior piece should be folded toward the patterned side of the paper and the exterior piece should be folded away from the patterned side, like this:
5. Spread glue across all of triangle #1, then slide the triangle next to it over until the two triangles overlap completely, as shown:
6. Repeat with all of the numbered triangles for the interior piece. Leave two sections unglued on the exterior piece so you’ll have space to insert the interior piece.
7. Trim any edges along the opening so they are flush with one another.
Thanks Jennifer! I just LOVE those bowls! They would be perfect for so many things, but I love the idea of holding school supplies in them for back to school!
Jennifer has great ideas on her blog. Here are a few I know you’ll love:
She made this gorgeous DIY Modern Paper Wreath! I love it!